ONLINE TRADITIONAL TANTRIC HATHA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
MOON SUN FIRE
1 April – 30 September 2021 (200-H)***
USD 1200 (For previous TP 200hr & 300hr Graduates)
TRANSFORM THE INNER WORLD. TRANSFORM THE OUTER WORLD. TRANSFORM THE YOGA WORLD. THIS IS YOUR MISSION.
Our world-famous, full-spectrum, lineage-based training is now, for the first time, available as a complete ONLINE 6-month study intensive and mentorship program.
Given the unique global climate, this is the perfect opportunity for genuine seekers, students and teachers looking to evolve their understanding and practice of Traditional Tantric Hatha Yoga.
This revolutionary new program will not only connect you into the heart of the ancient Yoga tradition, but also with a strong, like-minded community of diehard practitioners and teachers just like you, committed to keeping the authentic flame of true Yoga and real Tantra burning brightly in these modern times.
When we run a program here at The Practice, whether online, or in-person, we go all the way and hold nothing back. No frills, no fluff, nothing but the true powerhouse, life-changing, authentic teachings handed down from teacher to student in an unbroken line of oral transmission dating back thousands of years. The only difference, is that now life is inviting us to cast the net even wider, beyond our lovely, little island home of Bali and we would LOVE for you to be apart of this timely expansion.
We are not interested in furthering the confusion that is MODERN YOGA, which as you can clearly see, goes nowhere and does nothing. The system was ALWAYS perfect, because it was intuited straight from the Source, so it never needed innovating. This program is your gateway back to the heart and Soul of Yoga. Yoga deserves that.
The only question is whether you are ready to be that fearless ambassador for the Tradition and change the way that you, your students and all future generations experience this extraordinary spiritual science.
This is not a muscles and bones, step your left leg forwards type of experience. We will honor the body and the amazing temple that it is, however our sights are set far beyond the narrow scope of Asana. The SELF is the target. UNION is the target. Because THIS IS YOGA.
I am certain that this extended ONLINE format is going to provide the perfect environment for an even deeper experience – More time to practice. More time to study. More time to connect. More time to integrate this vast ocean of ancient wisdom and knowledge and make it your own. Just kicking ourselves we didn’t do this done sooner!! Nevertheless, there’s no time like the present. The main thing is that we BEGIN NOW and we’d love you to join the battalion. The motto: Transform the inner world. Transform the outer world. Transform the Yoga world. Done.
- 100% of the content covered in this training has been passed down through the ancient practice of Parampara (from teacher to student). We are not innovators. We simply have a single-pointed burning desire to deliver the teachings of the sages as they were intended; undiluted.
- 100% of the content of this training has been fully integrated by the teachers delivering it, through intensive self-practice over years and sometimes decades of commitment to this path. If we haven’t embodied it, then we won’t teach it. This is our commitment to you, to the tradition and to ourselves.
TANTRA: THE SCIENCE OF SELF-EMPOWERMENT
- Learn the truth about what Tantra is and what it isn’t.
- Discover how to use its powerful and precise methods to strengthen and heal and empower all aspects of your life and amplify the potency of your practice.
- We will extensively cover how to practice and teach key Tantric methods including ASANA, PRANAYAMA, BANDHA, MUDRA and KUNDALINI KRIYA MEDITATION. Nevertheless, it’s what you do with these practices after the training that will make or break you as a practitioner and a teacher.
- Collectively, these powerful methods are a way of shaping body, energy and mind with the dual-goals of mastering your human life and accessing the deep states of MEDITATION that exist beyond it.
YOGA: THE CULTIVATION OF SELF-KNOWLEDGE
- Meditation is at the core of the entire practice of Yoga. Here you will learn not only the skills to practice and teach it, but how to LOVE it. This is the real key to meditative success and ultimately, success in Yoga.
- Using the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali as the context, learn time-tested methods for calming reactivity, cultivating single-pointedness of mind, increasing memory power, strengthening the connection to your inner teacher and ultimately accessing that part of your being that rests eternally beyond the mind.
MANTRA: THE HEART OF THE TRADITION
- Learn how to apply Mantra within the scope of Asana practice, devotional practice (Bhakti) and most importantly, Mantra Japa Meditation practice.
- Discover the secret connection between Sanskrit and the subtle body and how to use it to access states of higher consciousness.
- Mantra is considered the supreme object of mediation from the perspective of Tantra, Yoga, Buddhism and many more traditions. There is an exact science to Mantra. It is MUCH more than just a tool to focus the mind. Learn how to practice it as the sages have done since time immemorial. Without Mantra, there is no Yoga.
VINYASA KRAMA: ADVANCED SEQUENCING
- Learn the science of sequencing; how to sequence powerful, integrated and safe classes for yourself and a wide array of students based on an intimate understanding of the energetic impact of Asana as well as the bio-mechanical component of Asana.
- Learn how to work with the six key pose categories of Hatha Yoga (Forward folds, Twists, Laterals, Backbends, Spinal Extensions and Inversions) to precisely impact the Prana Vayus, Doshas, Gunas, Nadis, the nervous system and ultimately the mind.
- Discover the relationship between pose, prana and kundalini.
- Using posture clinics and pose breakdown sessions you will learn correct alignment and modifications, plus preparation and countering strategies for all major asanas from the Hatha Yoga tradition.
- This module includes teaching strategies for specialized needs such as anxiety, depression, adrenal fatigue, low energy, or on the other end of the spectrum, the gift of pregnancy.
- Develop professional skills to give simple yet very effective verbal alignment cues, plus learn hands on and vocal adjustments techniques and vocal/language tools for maximizing your efficiency and potency as a teacher.
AYURVEDA: THE SCIENCE OF LIFE
- Study the key principles of Ayurveda within the context of both life and practice and learn how to take full responsibility for your own life based on the informed choices you make.
YOGA NIDRA: ENLIGHTENED SLEEP
- Study the ancient science of enlightened sleep. Although Yoga Nidra produces profound restfulness for the body and mind, its reach is far beyond that.
- The sages developed this technique for advanced healing, heightened learning capacity, development of psychic powers and ultimately spiritual awakening.
YANTRA YOGA: THE SCIENCE OF THE CHAKRAS
- Study the ancient map of the Chakras and learn how they relate to Sadhana (Practice) and Dharma (Spiritual purpose in life).
- Study the relationship between Yantra (Geometry) and Mantra (Vibration) within the context of contemplation and Meditation.
PHILOSOPHY: STUDYING SACRED TEXTS
- To truly understand any Yogic text, we need four things: The correct translation of the text, the key commentary of the text, an unbroken lineage that holds the secret teachings hidden within the text and finally, a committed daily self-practice. Here you will find all four.
- Throughout this course we will cover and practice the teachings from the Yoga Sutra, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads and other key Tantric scriptures.
TANTRIC ANATOMY: MEETING GROUND OF THE HUMAN AND THE DIVINE
- Study the key areas of the physical body that act as gateways to higher spiritual experiences, including the navel, the spine and the brain. Study the as a sacred alter and the perfect vehicle for reaching the heights of human potential.
ETHICS: HOLDING THE SEAT OF THE TEACHER
- Learn what it truly means to hold the position of the teacher.
- Learn the importance of self-accountability, unshakeable boundaries, humility and discipline as it relates to teaching.
- Challenge yourself to be the perfect student, because that is how you become the greatest teacher and the highest version of yourself.
MORE THAN JUST A YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
This is a practice and life mentorship program to help you step into your GREATNESS on every level.
In this 200hr YTT you can expect:
- Powerful lineage-based teachings and traditional practices not found elsewhere.
- A dedicated and highly qualified international yoga teaching team with a passion for the practice and years of professional full-time teaching experience.
- A formal application process to ensure you spend your 6 months with like-minded yogis who share your commitment and enthusiasm.
- Individual check-in sessions with Practice Team Members throughout your journey.
- Lifetime access to all course content.
- 3-months free access to the new Practice App (TPO), after the course has been completed.
Online Program schedule:
All lectures and practices will be run in real-time via ZOOM. Each session will be available for download approximately 4 hours after the class has finished. There is a requirement for all students to attend a minimum of 50% of the sessions LIVE.
For all sessions not attended live, a short summary review of the class is required in dot-point form (3-5 dot-points). These summaries are to be handed in collectively at the completion of the training and will contribute towards CERTIFICATION.
SCHEDULE – All times listed are in reference to BALI time.
April 1 Thursday 5.00pm – 8.00pm
Weekend Sessions – 15 hours per weekend (11 weekends)
Friday 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday 8:00am – 12:00pm & 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Sunday 8:00am – 12:00pm
April 2 – 4
April 16 – 18
April 30 – May 2
May 14 – 16
May 28 – 30
June 11 – 13
June 25 – 27
July 9 – 11
July 23 – 25
August 6 – 8
August 20 – 22
September 1 – 29 (FINAL TEACHING PRACTICUMS AND KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT EXAM). During this time there will also be several catch up Live Q&A sessions (times to be established).
September 30 Thursday 5.00pm – 8.00pm
ONLINE CONSIDERATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Students will be required to download Zoom and ensure (pre-training) that they are confident in using Zoom.
The Practice Team will provide students with all relevant links and instructions for joining the Zoom sessions.
Throughout the training, students will be required to participate in independent micro-group sessions for the purpose of practicing teaching skills in smaller numbers. We will endeavor to create micro-groups between individuals within shared time-zones. Email addresses will be shared with your group members so that plans can be made within the group based on what suits the group’s collective needs regarding times and dates of independent micro-group teaching sessions.
To qualify to be a fully registered, Practice certified teacher – which will get you employed anywhere in the world 😉 – the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Minimum ‘live’ attendance of 50% of sessions
- Completion of non-attended, dot-point class summaries.
- Attendance to 90% of micro-group teaching sessions.
- Satisfactory completion of Knowledge Assessment Exam based on course content. Must be submitted before September 20.
- Satisfactory completion of live teaching practicum assessment (Assessment details to be discussed).
Students who complete all requirements will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200hr RYT level (Registered Yoga Teacher), if they so desire.
USD 1200 (For previous TP 200hr & 300hr Graduates)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you have any questions.
Beyond all talk of certificates and registration, it is our firm conviction that by completing this training in its entirety, and if you put in the hard work, you will have more knowledge, experience and teaching capacity than 90% of the Yoga teachers worldwide – even the ‘famous’ ones. YOUR OWN HARD EARNED EFFORTS IN STUDY AND PRACTICE ARE THE ONLY ‘CREDENTIALS’ THAT MATTERS. THEY ALONE WILL BE THE CATALYST FOR YOUR SUCCESS IN THE YOGA WORLD. THIS IS YOGIC LAW.